Home (Passport) Department
About the Department
- Authentication of documents of Indian citizens abroad received from the respective Embassies, Consulates, etc.
- Issue of Grant of “No Obligation to Return to India”/waiver certificate.
- Matters relating to deportation of foreigners.
- Application for Indian Citizenship.
- Grant of permission for Border crossing and re-crossing through the Long Belt Conveyor (LBC).
- Matters relating to the arrest of foreign nationals.
- Sanction for prosecution under Section 15 of the Passports Act, 1967.
- Matters relating to the grant of Long term Visa to foreigners.
- Matters relating to monthly reports on grant of extension of stay in India by foreigners.
- Setting up of Post Office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK).
- Deputation of the Deputy Passport Officer, Passport Seva Kendra, Shillong.
- Applications under the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Court Cases.
- Other miscellaneous matters relating to Indian citizens abroad and foreign nationals in the state of Meghalaya.